Historical Authors Holiday Cookie Exchange Hop – December 13 – 15, 2018
The holidays are swirling around us: ribbons, gifts, parties, cards, sweet treats! We know you are busy, so we want to help by sharing our favorite holiday cookie recipes with you. 28 historical romance authors gifting you with 32 delicious holiday cookie recipes!
Try some out and become the star of the next neighborhood cookie exchange, holiday open house, or festive party. And while you are having fun with the cookies, one lucky hopper will win a $160 gift card and 32 historical romances! Woot! A whole winter of Highlanders, Dukes, Earls, Pirates, and more!
I’m giving away a copy of The Highlander’s Gift!
Betrothed to a princess until she declares his battle wound has incapacitated him as a man, Sir Niall Oliphant is glad to step aside and let the spoiled royal marry his brother. He’s more than content to fade into the background with his injuries and remain a bachelor forever, until he meets the Earl of Sutherland’s daughter, a lass more beautiful than any other, a lass who makes him want to stand up and fight again.
As daughter of one of the most powerful earls and Highland chieftains in Scotland, Bella Sutherland can marry anyone she wants—but she doesn’t want a husband. When she spies an injured warrior at the Yule festival who has been shunned by the Bruce’s own daughter, she decides a husband in name only might be her best solution.
They both think they’re agreeing to a marriage of convenience, but love and fate has other plans…
If you want to join in some cookie fun on Facebook, check out our event link!
Follow these four easy steps:
- Hop to each link below, which will take you to a historical author’s FB page, web site, or blog. While you’re there please like, follow, or sign up for a newsletter if you would like to stay up to date on our new releases and author happenings.
- Discover a new cookie recipe on each site.
- Collect the name of the cookies from each listed author, and e-mail the total list to Heather@HeatherMcCollum.com with the subject line “Romance Authors Sure Can Bake” when it is complete. The list must be turned in by midnight on December 15th. Please put Cookie Exchange List in the subject.
- One grand prize winner, of a $150 gift card and 28 digital romance books, will be selected randomly from those who collected and turned in the name of all the cookies. The winner must respond within 24 hours to claim prize and we will announce the winner hopefully by December 16th.
Easy, delicious, and fun! Thanks so much for hopping along!
Readers start your ovens. Three … two … one … Let the cookie collecting begin! And have a fantastic holiday season!
The Most Delicious Soft Gingersnap Cookies Ever!
- 3/4 c. softened butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour (or a 1-1 ratio gluten free flour)
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. Additional sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or mix-stand, cream butter and 1 c. sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Gradually add your dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing well.
- Scoop dollops out of the bowl with your hands, and roll into 1 to 1.5 inch balls, and then roll in the additional sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they are puffy and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 min on the pan, then remove them to a wire rack to cool.
- EAT EAT EAT!!!!
Holiday Cookie Exchange Hop Links
After you have visited each site to collect the cookie recipes, e-mail the list of authors and their cookies to Heather@HeatherMcCollum.com with the subject line “Romance Authors Sure Can Bake” to be entered into the grand prize drawing. A winner will be selected randomly and announced Monday, 17 December by noon ET. Happy Holidays!