Historical Romance Holiday Hop
Welcome to the yummy Historical Romance Holiday Hop! Today I’ve got a yummy recipe for you which I’ve named Santa’s Kitchen Sink Cookies! Cookie baking season is one of my favorites! I love to put on fun holiday movies while I bake! My favorite part of baking is watching other people eat the results. Of course, I like to taste too, but seeing someone’s face light up when the deliciousness touches their tongue really makes the whole effort worth it for me!
Santa’s Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (16 tbsp)
- 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugard
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 c. broken pretzel pieces or potato chips
- 1.5 cups caramel bits
- 1 cup of festive colored M&Ms (you can use chocolate chips too)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. If you don’t have a non-stick cookie pan, then line your pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (I have one of these and it’s awesome: https://amzn.to/2Ytw9UD)
- Brown your butter to light brown in a saucepan. You’ll want to do this over medium heat, whisking as it melts. Bubbles and foam will form, and little bits will turn brown. (Here’s a good link for how to brown butter.) Scrape all the butter and bits into a bowl (preferably a metal or ceramic bowl, be careful because of the heat, some glass bowls aren’t tempered.)
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand-mixer if you don’t have one) beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla into the butter for 2 minutes until it lightens. Add the eggs and beat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Mix in the baking powder, salt and 1 cup of flour at a time until combined.
- Stir in the pretzels (or chips), caramel bits and M&Ms, leaving some aside to top the cookies with.
- Scoop out dough, in about 1/4 cup servings and place onto cookie sheet making sure that enough space is left between cookies for baking, as they will spread.
- Add more of the M&Ms, pretzels (or chips), and caramel bits to the top if you want!
- Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. (This will vary depending on your oven, and the size of cookies.) You want the edges to be golden brown. I like my centers a little gooey, so test out your first batch according to your own gooey preference!
- Remove from the oven, allowing to cool a few minutes before you transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- ENJOY THESE BAD BOYS! They are addicting!
In addition to the awesome grand prize below, I’m giving away an ebook copy with an exclusive extended epilogue not available in stores of my book The Highlander’s Gift to one lucky commenter! Tell me what your favorite holiday cookie is and why! Better yet, tell me what your favorite holiday movie is!
Ready to hop in order to win a $150 gift card??? Click on each author below to collect their treats!
Alanna Lucas https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAlannaLucas/
Amalie Howard https://amaliehoward.com/
Amanda Mariel https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAmandaMarie1/
Ava Stone https://www.avastoneauthor.com/ava-stone-s-sugar-cookie-martini
Christina Britton https://www.facebook.com/ChristinaBrittonAuthor/
Collette Cameron http://collettecameron.com/historical-author-cookie-hop
Deb Marlowe https://www.facebook.com/pg/DebMarloweAuthorPage/
Diana Lloyd https://www.dianalloydbooks.com/featured/
E. Elizabeth Watson https://eelizabethwatson.com/contact/
Elizabeth Essex https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.essex.37/
Elizabeth Langston https://www.facebook.com/AuthorElizabethLangston/
Eliza Knight https://eknightauthor.com/news/
Emma Prince http://www.emmaprincebooks.com/
Heather McCollum https://www.heathermccollum.com/kitchen/
Jane Charles https://www.janecharlesauthor.com/christmas-fun
Jennifer Trethewey https://www.facebook.com/jennifertretheweyromance/
Jerrica Knight-Catania http://www.jerricasplace.com/2019-historical-holiday-cookie-hop.html
Katherine Bone https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKatherineBone/
Liana De la Rosa https://www.facebook.com/LianainBloom/
Lori Ann Bailey https://loriannbailey.com/christmas-fudge/
Madeline Martin http://www.madelinemartin.com/blog/
Michelle McLean https://michellemcleanbooks.com/historical-holiday-cookie-hop/
Pam Mingle https://www.pammingle.com/
Renee Ann Miller https://www.facebook.com/Reneeannmillerauthor/
Samantha Grace https://www.samanthagraceauthor.com/holiday-cookie-hop
Susanna Craig https://www.facebook.com/susannacraigauthor/
Tara Kingston https://www.facebook.com/TaraKingstonAuthor/
Tina Gabrielle https://www.facebook.com/TinaGabrielle
Vanessa Riley https://vanessariley.com/blog/2019/12/06/4-ingredient-christmas-cookies/?fbclid=IwAR1-PQVsJdMFanV6nCIhFAlw22mplNEqK05ZtmQK8lP6GadFnBforNYdXlo
Victoria Vane https:// www.victoriavane.com
Email your completed list of author names, with their treat names, to Heather@HeatherMcCollum.com with the heading: “Historical Romance Authors are Sweet” to be entered into the $150 gift card grand prize random drawing.